- Brynn Richard
- Business and Management
- Comments Off on Do You Qualify To Drive For Uber?
- Qualify To Drive For Uber, sign up for Uber, Uber Driver
If you are thinking about driving for Uber, you might find that it’s not easy to information about the driver requirements. The complete list of requirements is not easy to find on the Uber website, and not every requirement is easy to understand. There are many details you may need to know about the requirements before you can be certain that you qualify to drive.
The Uber driver requirement for UberX, XL, Select and POCL, the services that allow drivers without a commercial license or commercial insurance to give rider to Uber passengers. Drivers for Uber Black and Uber SUV must meet a different set of qualification. You can refer RideshareDashboard to get more information on how Uber driver can sign up in great detail.
In this article, we will discuss all the necessary details about the Uber Drivers requirement so you can be more confident that you can apply and get accepted by Uber.
Uber Driver Requirements
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Licensed to drive in the US for at least one year, or three years if you are under the age of 23.
- Have access to 4-door vehicle i.e. 10 years old or newer
- In-state auto insurance with your name on the policy
- In-state driver license
- In-state driver licence plate with current registration
- You must have a social security number
- Pass a background check and driving record check
Does your vehicle qualify Uber?
- In order to sign up for Uber, it is important that your vehicle is 10 years old or newer, but many cities have different model years requirements that you can find on the Uber website.
- The vehicle must have 4 doors and seatbelts of at least 4 passengers
- Vehicle older than the model year requirement is never accepted even if the vehicle is in great condition.
- Your car must pass an Uber vehicle inspection
Uber vehicle registration and Insurance Requirements
- The vehicle you use to drive for Uber does not need to be registered to you, but your name must be on the insurance card or insurance policy declaration.
- You must provide a photo of your vehicle’s registration even if the car isn’t registered in your name
- Your name must be listed on the vehicle insurance card or insurance declaration page
Once Uber activates your accounts, you be able to log into the Uber driver app and turn on your driver mode to accept the rides. Uber provides some in-app training that gives you video lessons on how to accept riders. Check out here to learn how to avoid mistaking a killer’s car your Uber in great detail.